Hands up who loves their Lemonade Scones like us?! Well we were thinking…what’s bubbly, fizzy and fantastic that could be awesome in scones? COAST HARD SELTZER.
You guessed it, we’ve made Coast Hard Seltzer Scones because why the hell not. Super quick and ridiculously easy, and even better while you’re having a couple of Coast’s.
Coast Hard Seltzer Scones
15 Mins Prep
Makes 8 Scones
- 1 can of Coast Hard Seltzer (you’ll only need a cup/250mls and we used Lime and Blood Orange!)
- 1 cup of cream (the heavyyyy stuff, not whipped!)
- 3.5 cups of self raising flour
- It seems like all great recipes start with preheating the oven and that’s exactly what we’re going to do. Heat up that baby until 180c for fan forced ovens - let’s go 200c if you’re not a fan of fan forced (see what we did there….)
- Pop some baking paper over your tray and pour yourself a Coast to enjoy while you bake!
- Combine your flour, cream and Coast Hard Seltzer in a bowl and mix it alllll up until flour is combined (BUT not too much as we still need these scones to be light and airy and all the good stuff we want for scones!)
- Knead…kneed…kneed baby! Chuck some flower on the bench and knead your sticky dough for about 4 times and then create your finest circle ready to shape your delicious scones
- Use a round cutter and dip this guy in flour before you chop, chop, chop your scones. Be gentle and careful here…remember we’re aiming for the fluffiest of fluffy scones.
- Pop your newly formed scones onto your baking tray, lightly bush with milk if you wish (we used coconut milk if you were wondering…)
- Head over to the oven and bake your beauties for 15 mins OR until they’ve got a nice golden gleam on top.
- Once you’re literally smelling heaven as your scones come out of the oven, let them cool slightly and prepare some of your favourite toppings! We were basic here with some classic Jam and Cream!
Wollah! Your Lemonade Scone Recipe with a Coast Hard Seltzer twist!
You’ve created a masterpiece…
You’ve now joined baking royalty…
It’s YOUR turn to relax and enjoy…
Cheers to you Coast Crew. You’ll find us indulging on scones for the rest of the day.